What problems are solved?
What is the Value Proposition?
How might a prospective client do business with natrx?
What are the financial benefits:
1. Lower Up-Front Costs: We are a technology-enabled service to large enterprises with waterfront assets. We provide habitat-targeted infrastructure design, incremental implementation, and stakeholder engagement for a simple monthly fee. Schedule a design session today.
2. Improved Cash Flow Profile: Start sooner on the project, and spend lower amounts of money incrementally, versus large single-project CAPEX approaches.
3. Free Labor: Get 'free' protective mass from habitat growth. Our past clients have seen a 2.6X mass multiplier on average (over 80,000,000 pounds of natural mass accretion in total), and in some cases we can achieve 5X. This allows you to acheive your goals at a dramtically lower material, energy, carbon, and financial footprint.
4. Reduced Budget Bloat: We match the timing of delivery with the characteristics of the liabilities, problems, and risks, and thus provide enhanced insight into your asset-based risk. This can help avoid over-spec, over-spend, and out-of-control budgets.
5. Capital Appreciation: A significant portion of real asset value is the natural setting and local habitat. A resilient, habitat-rich waterfront zone can provide capital appreciation, and reduce risk of write-downs from extreme weather events.
Tell us about your digital tools and services:
1. Visualization and ROI: We can ingest your scene or geo-location and deliver visualizations of innovative construction techniques that minimize impact and enhance natural value. This allows us to develop a comparative return on investment (“ROI”) analysis versus traditional protective techniques.
2. Data driven project planning tools: Assess the risks and opportunities associated with your waterfront assets and prioritize solutions and their timing.
3. Digital production technology: To create habitat-targeted hard or semi-hard structures for the waterfront. Go from a structural & ecological concept to an actual physical structure in 1 day.
4. Post implementation monitoring & engagement: We employ a variety of tools to evaluate the impact of nature-based construction approaches including UAV monitoring and site inspections. Share projections, photos, successes, and metrics across engagement channels: email, social, text, web, etc. as you see fit.
What are the environmental benefits?
1. Customize your implementation to accommodate specific local species of interest rather than blocking them out.
2. Reduce material usage, overall energy used and required.
3. Minimize environmental impact from heavy construction equipment: dredges, barges, cranes, etc.
4. Learn over time through incremental implementation what is working for habitat restoration and development, and contribute to the scientific record using our digital tools.
What species can you help with your designs?
1. Oysters & bivalve filter feeders Oyster Reef Structure. We have lost over 85% of our oyster reef structures globally. Oysters provide fish habitat, wave energy mitigation for erosion control, and water filtration. Our founders have restored over 100M oysters in their careers through various restorative and protective reef projects, corresponding to 1.9 trillion gallons of water filtration annually.
2. Coral Reefs - Natrx is involved in research and restoration of coral ecosystems at a variety of levels. Coral protect coastlines from wave action and mitigate the impact of storms. They provide massive amounts of habitat for the entire marine ecosystem, and are an essential balance for nitrogen and other nutrients in the food chain. Economically, coral reefs can provide life-changing value for coastal communities if protected and managed sustainably.
3. Sea Grass - Sea grasses provide food, habitat area, and shoreline stabilization. They are most effective in lower wave environments, and Natrx has multiple strategies for encouraging sea grass growth depending on the conditions.
4. Mangroves - Mangrove trees are effective in higher salinity areas and can provide storm resilience, aesthetics, and stabilization.